The inaugural Women in Tech program, TechSavvy, was born in response to the impact of COVID-19 on women in the workplace - and the growing need to be comfortable on the computer. The program is designed to build this computer literacy through a six-week, one-on-one tutoring program. Participants and mentors meet weekly for roughly an hour to learn, practice skills, discuss personal and professional goals, and build their confidence on common applications. The program is tailored to best fit the participant - A sample program outline has been included below.
- Participants have given resounding feedback that the program helped build their confidence on the computer and overall. They also benefited from dedicated help troubleshooting and getting answers to questions.
- “It's a Great program and is very necessary during this time.” – Pilot Participant
- “I really enjoyed the one on one sessions. I loved...having an accountability partner helped me stay focused..” – Pilot Participant
- Being a mentor is a great opportunity to provide support to women who are making a change an investing in themselves. This flexible, virtual volunteer opportunity is a great opportunity for working professionals and during changing restrictions in response to COVID.
- Please note that expertise in all programs is not necessary. Volunteers will be matched with participants who have expressed interest in strong subject areas. Materials and support are also provided for topics that are not as familiar.
- Sign up for our next Cohort now!
1/18/2021 - 2/26/2021
- Apply Now
- Sign up to Volunteer as a mentor
- Please note that expertise in all programs is not necessary. Volunteers will be matched with participants who show have expressed interest in strong subject areas. Materials and support are also provided for topics that are not as familiar.
- Get Started